What to do in case of damage?
- Determine the cause of damage and try to limit any further damage or any additional damage to third parties (neighbors).
- Here you can learn more on how to act in case of fire or water damage.
- If possible, take pictures of the place of accident.
- Inform Salva as soon as possible and agree further action with our representative. The initial loss notification can be filled in here.
- Assess, whether the damage was caused by the property for which the apartment owner is liable, or by jointly-owned property (for instance, by a faulty heating pipe that belongs to the apartment owners’ association). Apartment owner is not necessarily liable for all types of damage caused by the real property.
- Do not give promises and do not enter into agreements before consulting Salva representative.
If you have any questions, contact the loss adjustment department of Salva.