Apartment house liability insurance

Apartment house liability insurance protects the Board of an apartment house and thus all the apartment owners against third party claims that are related to losses caused by acts or omissions of the apartment house. A person stumbling because of unsanded sidewalk, ice chunk suddenly falling from the roof, a big branch causing damage to parking vehicles – these are only a few examples of a situation where apartment house liability insurance can help to compensate the losses.

What is the apartment house liability insurance? 

Insurance compensates property losses and personal injuries caused in relation with the possession of common ownership.

Claims submitted against apartment houses are mostly caused by the following:

  • bashed or scratched vehicles because of heavy wind that caused garbage cans to move or heavy branches to fall; 
  • personal injuries or property losses caused by snow and ice falling from the roof or by falling roof details;
  • water damages to apartments caused by ruptured pipeline.

See for detailed insurance terms and conditions here.