Home insurance compensates the losses arising from accidents and helps to quickly restore the home in its pre-accident condition. Insurance covers all home-related widespread risks, e.g. theft, fire, storm, flood, etc.
A home can be insured against selected specific risks or covered by all risks insurance that encompasses several different losses.
You can also choose a liability insurance against third party claims and purchase a cover for household property.
- Wide choice of channels for purchasing insurance cover. You can conclude the contract or ask for an offer through Internet www.salva24.ee or from any sales facility across Estonia.
- Several benefits. Multi-year contract ensures a more favourable premium. Minimum retention (deductible) of Salva’s home insurance is just 50 EUR.
- Flexible contract conditions. A single contract can cover buildings in different locations and household property is insured within the amount decided by the policyholder.
- Several options for insuring your home. Home and household property can be covered by selected risk insurance or all risks insurance. See for details here.
- Protection is based on needs. In case of selected risk insurance the client can choose specific risks based on his or her needs. The selection includes fire, pipe leak, flood, storm and theft risks.
- Protection against several different risks. All risks insurance provides a wider cover than the selected risk insurance and offers the protection against various different risks. It compensates e.g. losses related to household property, such as breakage of a lock or window class, failure of equipment (e.g. refrigerator or heat pump).
- Protection is provided also for heating and water supply systems. Insurance covers besides the building also heating, electricity, water supply and sewerage systems, as well as building materials purchased for reparation or construction.
- Option of household property insurance. You can purchase household property cover that also provides protection outside the home within the territory of Estonia and encompasses a wide selection of objects, including laptop, glasses, bicycle, baby carriage, etc. See the terms and conditions here.
- Costs of temporary housing can also be compensated. When concluding the insurance contract you can choose the compensation for temporary housing that compensates rental and removal costs in case your home becomes inhabitable due to an accident.
- Many events are without retention (deductible). Retention limit is not applied in the following cases: breakage of window glass, replacement of a door lock, replacement costs of documents in case of lost or destroyed wallet. The list of such events is provided here.
- Option of supplementary protection against losses caused to others. Besides insuring the home you can purchase a cover for the liability for losses caused to others. See for details about the liability insurance here.
Home insurance does not avoid accidents, but it helps to compensate the economic losses arising from such accidents. Fire, flood or storm can interfere with your life for a long time – generally they cause huge expenses, but these losses can be covered by insurance. See the terms and conditions here.
If you wish to insure a part of the house, the best solution is to purchase an insurance policy for the whole house jointly with other common owners. The aim is to avoid the situation where the house cannot be restored because some of the owners have no insurance and money to finance their part of restoration. If common owners are not able to agree on purchasing the insurance for the whole house, you can insure the premises occupied by you as an apartment. Such insurance does not cover the building envelope and helps only to cover smaller losses occurred in insured premises.
Insurance cover for the apartment encompasses only the interior of the apartment; it does not cover the roof, walls, basement, hallway or other similar parts of the building. In case of an apartment house, the apartment association should purchase a separate insurance for the jointly owned parts of the house. If there is no apartment association, the jointly owned parts of the house can also be insured by one of the apartment owners.
Home insurance only covers losses occurred in your own apartment. In order to compensate the losses caused to neighbours, you have to purchase the home liability insurance. See for information on home liability insurance here.
You can pay for the insurance policy on a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis or make a lump-sum payment. The number of instalments does not influence the level of premium.
Home insurance policy can be concluded for up to 5 years. Multi-year contract ensures an interrupted insurance cover and a more favourable insurance premium.
Annual premium of home insurance depends on the value of your home and on insured risks. The price is also dependent on the level of retention (deductible). You can easily calculate the cost of Salva’s home insurance and conclude the contract on Salva’s homepage www.salva24.ee.