- if the accident has caused only property damage, and only if the parties involved agree on the causes and fault of the traffic accident, you need to complete the form ´Traffic Accident Notice¡, if you have a copy on hand, and have it signed by all persons involved in the traffic accident, and - if possible – of any witness(es) as well;
- verify the accuracy of the data entered by the other participant(s) and sign the form stating either that you are the injured party of or the party causing the traffic accident;
- if you do not have the form in question on hand, you should describe the event as comprehensively as possible, and be sure to write down all the information on the other participant(s) (data related to the vehicle, the person, his or her contact data and the insurance policy data) and agree on the time when you address the insurance company of the party at fault;
- should the parties involved in the traffic accident be in disagreement about the causes of the accident, or if people have been injured in the accident, call the police to the accident scene, and demand that the circumstances of the accident be recorded by the police, furthermore, notify your insurance company who shall certainly provide you advice and assistance for further actions. The loss adjustment process can be extended for the period required for making the decision by the police.
NB! The more accurately you have stated the circumstances of the accident, and the more precisely you have filled in the Traffic Accident Notice the more smoothly are losses adjusted in the adjusting insurance office, and your property is restored to the pre-accident condition in the shortest time possible!
THE INJURED PERSON shall notify the insurance company handling the motor third party liability insurance of the damages caused by the traffic accident (preferably the insurance company of the party at fault, it facilitates the handling) and give a written account of the event. The damaged property shall be kept in the post-accident condition until an insurance expert has inspected it.
THE PERSON CAUSING THE TRAFFIC DAMAGE (party at fault) MUST report the traffic accident to its insurance company within five days of its occurrence, give a written account of the event and have its vehicle inspected. Should the person causing the traffic damage fail to meet this obligation the Insurer shall have the right of recourse against the Policyholder or the person driving the vehicle.
Traffic damage – the law defines traffic damage as personal or property damage caused by a traffic accident. Damage is deemed to be traffic damage only if the following conditions occur concurrently:
- the damage is caused in road traffic by a vehicle required to be insured;
- the damage results from the movement or location of the vehicle;
- there is a causal relationship between the movement or location of the vehicle and the damage caused;
- the possessor of the vehicle bears civil liability as a result of causing the damage.
Personal injury means:
- damage arising from temporary incapacity for work;
- damage arising from permanent incapacity for work;
- expenses relating to the medical treatment of the injured party;
- in the event of a fatal traffic accident, the decrease or loss of the maintenance support of a dependent, and the funeral expenses;
- pain and suffering related to personal injury.
Property damage means:
- damage arising from injury to or destruction of property;
- reasonable and necessary expenses relating to legal assistance and expert assessments.